Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Default Screwfix - AVOID !

Chris Cowley wrote:

I agree with this. I haven't spent anything like as much as you -
perhaps a total of £1.5k over the past few years, but I have
nothing but praise for screwfix.

They've cocked up slightly on a couple of occasions; for example,
I was sent a pack of Decking Screws instead of some PTFE tape
once, but a single phone call resulted in them saying "Very
sorry, our mistake.
The PTFE tape will go out to you today - and you can have the
decking screws with our compliments". Obviously it would have
been better for them to get it right in the first place, but
humans are fallible and it's how they deal with these inevitable
little problems that counts.

As online suppliers go, they are one of the better ones IMHO.

AOL - me too