Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:33:42 UTC, John Cartmell
wrote:

In article , Dave Fawthrop
wrote:
But on Windoze we expect things to be absolutely *dead* *easy* to
install. Half a dozen clicks and it works.

On RISC OS most programs install by dragging the application icon from
CD/floppy to wherever you want it to go on your hard drive. One click and
drag. ;-)

Presumably you also have to select options sometimes....that might use a
few more...!

Options?

Same on this system - most things install with one double click on the
install package.

I hate install packages. I want to have full control over what I store where.