Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default Screwfix - AVOID !

Grunff wrote:
Vass wrote:

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread
out over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem,
on the whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to
rectify problems.

I've done double that with them over the last 5 years and I have to agree.

I've also had over £300, maybe £400 compo, discounts, free delivery
etc and have also learned to order and have on site /everything/ *well*
*before* starting a job. I've watched the business grow from a pamphlet
to a comprehensive catalogue and will continue to do business with them
for as long as I'm mug enough to try and knock a profit out of refurbs.

the jury's out as to whether I'm winning or not :-(