Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man

Default Sidewalk concrete patch

On 11 Apr 2006 18:21:56 -0700, "BobK207" wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:
Sidewalk concrete patch

Greetings,

I live on a hill. Everything shifts a little as time goes
by.

My concrete sidewalk slabs misalign. The corner of one
will elevate up to about 3/4" above the adjoining one.

So folks won't stub their toes, I've patched such places
with vinyl concrete patch and regular concrete mix. Neither
lasts thru a winter before cracking to hell and gone.

Anyone know of a better patching substance to use in
this situation?

TIA,
Puddin'

It's very difficult to get something to "stick" in that situation. My
city uses asphalt as a temporary fix until they can repour the
sidewalks (petty tacky)

I would check w/ SIKA

As in http://www.sikaconstruction.com/ ??
I took a peek, couldn't sort it out.

for a a repair matrerial but maybe a mechanical
fix would be better.............

Hilti 4.5" diamond grinding head?

Fear it'd be too expensive/hard-to-use.

Lever up the offending coner & pack sand under it?

Should've mentioned bad back, other health problems.

repour the sidewalk but use WWF or rebar dowels from "slab to slab"

Maybe 20 years ago, when I could do such work a little, I poured
footings for each slab in backyard, mounted rerod. Worked too,
they haven't shifted.

Thanks,
Puddin'
cheers