Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

Default basement dehumidifier, condensate pump

"David Combs" wrote in message ...
| Don't forget to check Sears.
|
| Last year (summer) they had two kinds ("sears"),
| one bigger than the other.
|
| I got the bigger one, and have been happy with it.
|
| For lhow *I* use it, I have it on the floor,
| with a fan a foot in front of it blowing the air out into the reat of the
| (narrow) room.
|
| ---
|
| Since we use it only when we need it, eg three or four
| days of constant rain (like we had last summer), I simply
| empty the bucket each 8 hours or so.
|

| David

Did much the same.

I had one on my furnace to pump condensate out -- it kept overflowing and blowing itself out.

Bought a dehumidifier and ported it to the floor drain (all basements are supposed to have one) and set it to maintain about 40 percent humidity. That was 20 years ago and I have only had to replace the dehumidifier once since then (cheaper than getting the old one fixed). My tools have not shown any sign of rust since.