Posted to sci.electronics.repair
I.F.

Default inrush current

"Wiebe Cazemier" wrote in message
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:14, I.F. wrote:

Its among 20 or so Gb of data sheets on my other PC, but next time I'm
there
I'll see if I can remember which folder to look in!

Where did you get that? That's quite a useful archive. Mine is only a few
MB
big. I download them one by one when I need them...

First the good news - after hours of searching I found the document, its a
Shindengen MJ2400. Now for the bad news! - The chip is based on a modified
bridge rectifier with integral thyristor to shunt the inrush limit resistor
after start up. Sorry I made a mistake, this chip is only suitable for SMPSU
circuits that have a mains bridge rectifier and smoothing cap input - it
won't work with a transformer.

My hoard of data sheets has likewise been downloaded on an as needed basis,
I usually get any other sheets on the page while I'm at it and often phone
chip manufacturers and scrounge their current data book CD.