Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SDM-S81R Inverter Board

Jeffrey:
You could do a search for the part on the WEB.
I believe there is a company called LCDPART.COM has lists many
types of inverter boards.
If you are good with electronics, I would suggest that you check the
inverter board before buying a new one. I have had 3 or 4 where
just the SMD fuse was blown. Often the SMD driver transistors that
drive the transformers at the ends of the board are shorted, causing
the fuse to blow.
Hope this helps....
John

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
I am certain that this is the problem with my failed monitor. The
screen remains black while the LED is green and flashing.

Does anybody know where I can get one of these boards, short of sending
tall-dollars to Sony?

Jeff