Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mark Russell

Default Turning Bowels

some days the fingers and brain don't connect

Mark Russell
Lifetime mender of DAM (Mothers Against Dyslexia)
Walt Cheever wrote:
A good book--I like Richard Raffen Turning bowls

Some cheap wood--you'll make a fair amount of designer firewood

A good bowl gouge. I like the Sorby 1/2" fluted gouge. Works a lot better
than a regular gouge for bowl work

After that, some time and a sense of humor to laugh at the mistakes.

It's loads of fun, enjoy.

And, if you really meant that you wanted to turn bowels, a box of Ex-Lax
ought to do the trick.

Walt C

"Mark Russell" wrote in message
ink.net...
I would like to get int turning bowels. I have a lathe and it has a 3"
face plate. What else do I need to get started. Tools? Accessories?
Books?

I'm not quite sure where to start.

any help would be greatly appricated