Posted to uk.d-i-y
Glenn Booth

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

Hi,

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message

The Mesh computer I bought had some of the good points already
described. However, I bought it on the strength of an advert that had
a clearly defined components list highlighted to impress the punter.
The computer I received didn't contain some of the components listed.

Sadly, that happens all the time, and it isn't just Mesh. The machines that
get submitted to magazine reviews are optimised (sometimes overly
so). I've even known one unscrupulous PC company to remove the
cache chips on hard drives and replace them with bigger ones to
get a little more performance out of a review machine on a certain
benchmark.

Winning reviews makes sales, and 'cross selling' customers to other
components is a standard sales ploy.

I'd rather have just paid the money and got the right goods in the
first place though.

Quite so. Getting anything other than what you paid for is not on.

Regards,

Glenn.