Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton

Default Mirror Speculation - Somewhat OT Not Serious

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

For a little light relief, I wondered if someone might provide a reasoned
reponse to the following:

2 nights ago I sat on the settee nursing a backstrain, when a loud crash was
heard from the hallway.
It transpired that a mirror had dropped from a picture hook on the wall,

snip

This is the ideal time to share my related story with the group as
everyone else I know has already heard it... several times over.

A friend (honest guv!) once hung a new mirror in the hallway - all
hunky dory and he was well chuffed with the result. Given that this was
about the limit of his DIY skills he shortly after had someone round to
do some work for him (pumbing something-or-other in).

Later that day he noticed that his mirror had been nicked - that
thieving b'stard plumber must've had it as - so he promptly gave the
guy a ring and started throwing the accusations around. The plumber
pleaded his innocence however this was not good enough so he then
phoned the police who called round later in the evening to take a
statement.

The copper arrived and started to take the details whilst idly peering
behind the radiator beneath where the mirror once hung...

Yep, the bloody thing had only gone and fallen down and wedged itself
behind there!

Mathew