Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default Central heating programmer

raden wrote:
In message .com,
Diablo360 writes
Trying to replace broken CH programmer. Old, not even sure of type but
wiring is as follows.

3 cables coming in.

G N L 123456
Earth - 3 Green
N - 1 Blue, 2 Black
L - 1 Red , 2 Red jumper wires going to contacts 2 and 5
1 - 1 Brown
2 - Red Jumper from L
3 - Empty
4 - 1 Brown
5 - Red Jumper from 2 (Live)
6 - Empty

1-on 2-C 3-Off 4-On 5-C 6-Off

I want to put Drayton SM2 Mechanical timer on this.
On Drayton Wiring is N L HWOff CHOff HWOn CHOn

Would the wiring be like this?

N - Blue, Black, Black as above.
L - Red As above
HWOff Nothing
CHOff Nothing
HWOn Brown
CHOn Brown

Earth - Earth as above.

No Jumpers.

Thank you for your time.

Who knows ?

Without even a clue as to which make/model

I would have expected 2-3 and 5-6 to be the "ON" contacts

Why don't you try and understand what's going on, then you are more
likely to get it right

i agree geoff after recently fiddling with my own progammer recently,
the old one had no instructions or indication of what the wire was for,
i had to literally walk round the system to find out which wires went
where and what they did when they got there!

still managed to get a shock tho!

and it worked a dream when i'd finnished installing the new one. i have
sellotaped the new programmer instructions to the boiler access panel
for safe keeping too!