Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

Default Slightly OT- Looking for recomendations on parental control software

1 more question, and a point.

1, you computer guys are great to give these tips, I appreciate it.
Let me ask you this though, is there a way to just set up an account on
XP that will not connect with the internet (any network). That way
when the kid does have to do homework I could log them on that one
account, and not have to monitor as closely, as the kid would have the
choice of typing the paper, or playing solitaire, but not going online?

My point: It is different now then stealing glances at girly mags, as
you talk about. Now the access is to hard-core stuff that can't be
good for a young, developing minds. i am no psychiatrist, just a
parent going with his gut feeling on this one. . And if it is in my
power to put out there a few less bad choices, realizing there are ways
to get it, but at least having a sanctuary from it in the home, I am
thinking that is probably worth the effort. Others may feel
differently.. but at least you know where I stand.

Also, I am not really interested in keystroke loggers, although they
clearly are valuable tools, I am less interested in "catching" my kid,
and more interested in taking one option of making a bad choice away,
making it just a little easier for them to make it through the day.
Again, that is how I look at it, others may feel differently