Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Slightly OT- Looking for recomendations on parental control software

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:50:43 GMT, "Grumman-581"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
Why do so many rely on a router? This is home.repair . Run the cable
to your computer and you won't need the router when you don't want to
use it.

A router is the simplest method to allow multiple computers to have access
to the internet at the same time... Technically, you could have one machine
sharing its connection for other machines, but that's not as simple as a
dedicated router... Routers also filter out certain types of viruses /
attacks even before they get to your computers... Even if I only had one
machine at home, I would still have a router...

How would you make sure your children weren't using the net for bad
stuff, as with the OP's problem? (According to him you're not allowed
to say, My kids wouldn't do that. OR I'd string them up by their
thumbs and they know it, so they're afraid to do it.