Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Find location of a water leak??

wrote:
I cannot imagine a fat plumber with a butt crack in a 2 foot crawl
space, maybe a neighbor kid

Yes, crawlspaces can be pretty nasty

but at 6' & 215 lbs I've yet to see one that is too small.

The human body is prett compliant; hips, shoulder & pelvis are usually
the limiting items

(unles one has a huge beer gut)

My suggestion is think about the plumbing layout so you minimze your
crawling around.

Buting before doing the cave exploring be sure the leak is not

Having owned a 1930 house for 27 years (still has some of the original
galv steel pipe) I've only had ONE crawlspace leak.

Do you have an idea of the flow rate? any wets spots around the
foundation? You might be able to just shine a flashlight around the
crawlspace from the opening.

BTW the access point to the crawlspace is usually the most spider / bug
infested area, as you get deeper into the crawlspace the wildlife goes
away.

cheers
Bob