Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

Default x5 contractor table saw question

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:10:38 -0500, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

The last American made contractor saw was was completed mid year 2004.
You might notice that Delta does not have that unit listed on their X5
page on the web site anymore, however, I'm sure that there are still
some units in dealer stock.

Have you compared the newer Delta imports to the older US made models?
Any opinions?

I've looked at imports (contractor models) from other makers but
always went back to the reliable old Delta.

I think the market will dictate. If there is significant demand for
left tilt contractors saws and very low demand for right tilt, I think
the market in general (all brands) will let the right tilt die.

I may have to replace the current job saw someday (hopefully not too
soon) and have always used a right tilt. I guess if I want to stay
with what I'm used to, I may have to put one in storage.

Mike O.