Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default Dumore TP Grinder (was: FA: Dumore Tool Post Grinder Inserts)

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to Glenn :

The manual with exploded parts diagram is now in the drop box. I scaned
at
150 DPI enhanced text mode to keep it small so the B&W photos are not all
that wonderful.

Yep -- the photos are terrible (other than your direct scan of
the collet). -- but I think that I can make out what they are about.
These tradeoffs are necessary when file size is important.

The text and parts list is easily readable though. I
added
a scan of the collett adapter with the dimensions roughed in. Should
give
you all you need to make a servicable piece.

I believe that it will do for the task.

Thank you for this.

Quite Welcome

I think the exploded diagram will answer a lot of questions about how the
spindle and bearings go together.

Indeed so.

I think this manual was written before the lawsuit happy lawyers got
involved .. there really aren't many of the "warnings" you see in modern
manuals. Interestingly enough it does say to use only Dumore precision
balanced grinding wheels LOL

And also on page 2 is the all upper case:

"WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED WHEEL SPEED RECOMMENDATIONS."

(But no exclamation point at the end. :-)

The manual is obviously older than my grinder, because of the
lack of 3-pin power connectors. But it is obviously for the same
grinder, as the model number (first four digits of the serial number)
matches.

Kinda fun looking at these old manuals .. especially the price list :-)

Anyway if there is anything else you need for info or pictures let me
know.

I think that those will do the job for me. I already have them
printed out -- and the photos did not improve in the process. :-)

The added info in the .txt file will help as well. I am glad to
get confirmation that the spindle thread was originally 1/4-32.

Was there only the one "Chuck assembly" with a 1/8" bore? That
would appear to be the case, based on the parts list and drawing.

Only 1 chuck came with mine. There is a hombrew thing in there for holding
a stone but it has no threads and the stone is glued to the brass.

So -- the largest wheel really was a 2" one. I've got some
larger ones which I have adapted to the spindle which are still well
within their speed rating -- but perhaps the motor does not have the
horsepower to drive the larger wheels. I guess that I'll find out.

Mine drives a 2.5" wheel ok.

The design of the diamond holder is different than I had
expected -- but makes sense if you have to re-dress the wheel part-way
through the task.

I don't see the diamond holder listed in the parts list, nor in
the drawing.

Mine dosen't have the wheel dresser either but I intend to make one.

Again -- many thanks,
DoN.

Happy I could help.
Glenn