Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

Default real estate agent help

Cindy writes:

I just made an offer on a house and made my offer being accepted tied to the
seller's agent getting my listing.

Cindy,

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that you placed a bid on a
new-to-you home, and made their acceptance of your offer somehow
contingent on their listing agent also becoming your listing agent to
sell your existing home? Do you also have a home sale contingency in
your offer or something?

I'm curious why anyone would do such a thing. On the pro side, you'll
obviously motivate the agent to get your home unloaded quickly so they
can get both commissions, but on the down side, you're giving the
enemy all your cards and putting that agent in an interesting
situation with the sellers. If I were teh sellers I'd be wanting to
know from my agent what kind of financial shape y'all are in and what
sort of property you have before accepting that offer.

And as an agent in that situation, I'm guessing I'd be pushing you to
list that house of yours for below market value for a quick sale so I
can get both selling commissions quickly. So I guess I'm not sure how
your interests will end up well served?

Or am I missing something here?

--
Todd H.