Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Disconnect Ice Maker When On/Off Valve is Hidden in Finished Ceiling???

On 11 Apr 2006 03:03:19 -0700, "sarapamela"
wrote:

ceiling looking for that pipe. Must we turn off the main water line to
the house? Can we clamp off the pipe or icemaker somehow? I wish we

If you do that, by adding more hose, let the hose end at the
refrigerator or firmly tied IN the sink, so that if the clamp fails,
it will drain into the sink.

could just move it 3-4 feet to the front hall without diconnecting it
so we could keep it there until our new one is delivered and installed,
but I doubt it would reach that far... We do have room for it in the
mud room, and could certainly live without the icemaker until the new
one arrives in a couple weeks ~ BUT we can't leave the main water off
for that long!?

Sure you can. How far is the nearest stream?

What is the best way to solve this problem? Thanks!