Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Find location of a water leak??

I have a small one-story house with a water leak somewhere. My water
valve is at the street, the water line runs under the lawn and enters
the house at the front. There is another turn-off valve at the house,
before water goes into the house.
We have hot-water heater in the garage.
If I turn off the valve at the house the leak stops (dial doesn't
turn), so the leak is somewhere in the house or under the house.
I have turned off all water sources in the house, but still have the
leak, so I am guessing this means the water leak is somewhere under the
house. Our house is built on a permiter wall of concrete, and has a
very small crawl-space of only about 2 feet, and it's nasty down there.

Without going under the house, is there anyway to find out where th
leak is coming from?

Thanks,

Allen