Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal

Default City fence limitations - how to overcome?

"rosebud" wrote in message
. ..

What kind of things are valid reasons for an exception like this? I just
want to put a fence around my yard so I can have security and privacy,
and without loosing a 15 X 100 foot stretch of my property.

One reason for having such a rule is to make sure line of vision for
moving
traffic isn't obstructed in anyway. Like at a corner. So if you're in the
middle of the block, having a 6 foot tall fence won't interfere with line
of
vision. I'd say that is one reason to be an exception to the rule.

bonnie

The city has specific rules about obstructions at corners blocking line of
sight for traffic, seperate from the setback rule. I don't know why they
have the setback rule - especially 15 feet!