Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal

Default City fence limitations - how to overcome?

"Norminn" wrote in message
ink.net...
Zootal wrote:
I live in Lebanon, OR. The city prohibits the constructing of a fence
within 15 feet of the property line on any side of a property facing a
street. I have a large square lot on a corner, and I want to put up a
fence around my barkyard. Not being able to go to within 15 feet of my
property line means I loose a big chunk of my back yard.

Does anyone have any experience on getting a variance from the city to do
something like this, IE put a fence closer to the property line when the
city rules/laws say you can't? How would you go about doing so, what are
the chances of success?

Enforcement of building codes and zoning around here are totally
unpredictable - depends on the phase of the moon and who takes a complaint
)

Best bet is to make an alternative plan to present to the city; they may
make exception, and our city does that routinely. A lower fence and some
creative landscaping may give you close to what you want. Your lot is
100' x ?

We have a roughtly 125' x 125'. SE Corner of Oak and Franklin, if you are
familiar with the area.