Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Default what kind of oil to use...

Bob wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
I think Briggs reccomends a good brand of 10W30. Penzoil and Castrol
are good.

Every mower I've had recommended straight 30 wt.

Bob

Not any more. They all say multi-weight is also good except that since
air cooled engines run hotter than others the oil level should be
checked more often. The solution for that is to use synthetic which
will stand up even better than straight weight. Synthetic is really
considered to be like a straight weight except it doesn't get as thick
when it gets cold, therefore can meet the multi-weight classification.