Posted to rec.woodworking
tdstr

Default Black Walnut Question

Lew Hodgett wrote:
tdstr wrote:

Ok, this makes a lot of sense. However, how would I look up 'suppliers
of furniture grade timber' in the phone book?

Get up off your lazy hind end and open the phone book.

Lew

Just did and called 4 outfits under 'timber'. All of them had zero
interest in the tree and quite honestly, they gave me the impression I
was bothering them. That tells me that timber company's are not
interested in whole trees.

The reason I was being specific on 'suppliers of furniture grade timber'
is that I now know that with woodworking they are other terms used that
I'm not familiar with. Like 'sawyer'. I just want to make certain to
look in the right place.