Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Bubble Flare

According to Gary A. Gorgen :
Bubble Fla

I think this is what I want, but I'm not sure.
I need to put some kind of flare/bulge, on the end of
.375 x .035 6061-T6 tube. So I can attach a 3/8" vinyl
tube, using ear-clamps or crimp ferules ( if I can get
a crimping tool into the space ). This will be used
at 50-psi Max.

All of the bubble-flare tools I've found are metric.
I've found kits that will do single/double flare,
GM fuel line, & ISO bubble.

From looking at the tiny pictures I've seen, a bubble
flare, looks like a double flare without the final plunge.

So -- try a double flare tool, and don't complete the plunge.
That might do it.

I don't know what the other followups may say, as they appear to
not be visible on the news server which I am using.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564