Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wall wart current draw

cavelamb wrote:
snipped cool story about fixin a computer 99.9% of people would
have scrapped I do the same silly thing with old pocket knives
I had a battery backup on the cpu/monitor (with surge suppressers)
Surge suppresser on the master power switch box.
Surge suppresser on the printer power outlet strips (2).
Surge suppresser on the laptop circuit (Laptop not connected at
the time)
All in one room.
And the phone line physically disconnected.
Yet it still somehow fried the modem...
Now somebody explain that one!
Richard

"could come up with a thousand senarios and none of them would be
exactly right" ...is my typical answer, just before I procede to
speculate my ass off.

Easy. The dangged lightning can jump miles outside and jumps from
one thing to another (at-will inside. BTSeenT when looking at the
evidence of it and it sometimes makes no sense at all why it chose
that particular path (other than lightning has no sense and makes no
choices?.

The bolt that got me had -at the very least- jumped 1+1/4" between
metal objects, then through me to ground. It was the first bolt
from two clouds that came together at about a 90 degree angle...
I was watching them hoping it'd rain. It was late June in the
desert and the first rain is a big deal for us born here.

Alvin in AZ