Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Horribly OT - PC Advice

In message , Mark Spice
writes
I know this is waaaaaaaay off topic but the guys here seem to be reasonably
knowledgable about a load of weird stuff so here goes.

Has anyone had any experience with Mesh PC's? Aged parents want to get
their first PC and there is a Mesh one that looks good on paper but I
haven't had any dealings with Mesh so I'm not sure what their service etc is
like.

My Mum got a Mesh about 3 1/2 years ago mostly because I thought it
looked a good deal and they seem to get good write ups etc.

It's a well put together machine, nice and tidy inside (has a nice case,
with easy access for fiddling about - though new cases are different)
it's worked fine (though wins the prize for the only PC I've ever had
to replace a dead CMOS battery on just recently).

FIL got one as well last year, partly on my recommendation - though he
likes to do his own research as well. Again worked fine. I don't think
either of them have really had to have any dealing with the service side
of the operation, but the sales staff were helpful.

As I will probably be having to fix/identify any problems down the
phone from 300 miles away I want to minimise any potential cock-ups as much
as possible.

I wish she'd had XP pro with Remote Desktop a couple of times when try
sort out some odd problem (software)
--
Chris French