Posted to misc.consumers,misc.industry.utilities.electric,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tomes

Default Unpaid electric bill mishap and credit report question

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...

"val189" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd ask the utility if they reported this against your credit rating.
I'd also ask them about setting up an automatic draft plan

Great idea. Next, open up a joint checking account with the first
stranger you see walking down the street. -Dave

Actually what the OP could check is if they have an option to put it on a
credit card automatically. This assumes that one does not have problems
with credit card debt or the like (sounds like the OP does not). This also
preserves a recourse if there are billing problems. I have this setup on
many of my bills (heating oil, cable, cell phone...) and it works for me
well.

I would not let them go straight into my bank account, no way for me. The
only bill that I let do that is my mortgage. The credit card provides that
insular layer, and when one pays it off in full every time there is no
additional cost.
Tomes