Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Default ACQ Pressure Treated Wood - Safe?

I think ACQ wood is treated with copper rather than arsenic.
It'll still be toxic to the dog -- just not as bad as the
arsenic laden stuff. I'd replace the doghouse.

Ian - DIY Extraordinaire wrote:
I built a dog house yesterday for a new lab puppy we're getting. I
bought pressure treated wood (both plywood and 2x4's), figuring it
would be exposed to the elements.

I didn't consider that the dog could potentially chew on the wood until
today. I
was lucky in that the store had ACQ wood as opposed to CCA treated
wood, as the arsenic in CCA treated wood is definitely harmful / fatal
if ingested.