Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default x5 contractor table saw question

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:58:27 -0500, Mike O. wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:47:29 -0500, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

If you are talking about the 36-505X The US content is in the high
ninties (percent) and includes the motor. And once they are gone,
they are gone. No more are being made. That would be my choice.

Frank, does that mean all of the Contractor's saws will be imports?
Also is the right tilt Contractor's saw a thing of the past?

Mike O.

The last American made contractor saw was was completed mid year 2004.
You might notice that Delta does not have that unit listed on their X5
page on the web site anymore, however, I'm sure that there are still
some units in dealer stock.

On the issue of right tilt unit availability, I'm not sure, but if so
it will be an import.

I think the market will dictate. If there is significant demand for
left tilt contractors saws and very low demand for right tilt, I think
the market in general (all brands) will let the right tilt die.

Frank