Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Question for Northern California Woodworkers

"bdeditch" wrote in message
ups.com...
Where can I find maple, birch, cherry woodetc. I am limited to Lowes
and HD's oak and poplar. I live about 50 miles north of Sacramento
towards Chico

Meeks in YC quit carrying hardwood? Compared to the bay area, cheap.

Place up north of YC on the route to Corning (and the Olive Pit) where they
had a bunch of the local woods. Think it might have been Gridley.

Dad used to drive to Beale or Mather to pick up his hardwood. Sometimes the
crews who flew it in would even deliver for the price of a few cherry
boards.