Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jake

Default Today's solar heat

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:47:39 +0100 someone who may be "Jake"
wrote this:-

Mary used a Solartwin panel, for which you wouldn't need a new
cylinder, though the existing one must have proper insulation. For
DIY this has the advantage of minimum installation time and effort.

For a more involved DIY project Navitron are one source of useful
bits.

Thanks for the info. My parents did a while back briefly consider the
Solartwin system but didn't go ahead in the end. Think because they had a
combi fitted and this made the system impossible or less practical. It's a
good idea but we are going for the indirect style system.

Jake