Posted to uk.d-i-y
David W.E. Roberts

Default Cutting laminate flooring - sliding mitre saw?

Hi,

I am contemplating some serious laminate flooring laying.

Previously I have hand cut the boards, or used a hand held circular saw.

My current mitre saw does not have the breadth to cut a laminate board.

Sliding mitre saws look a good solution, bit also seem expensive.

Three questions:

(1) Are sliding mitre saws a good investment for cutting laminate?
(2) If so, would I need a special fine toothed blade?
(3) If so, can you recommend a saw? Cheapest at Screwfix (Titan 8") is
£79.99 and next cheapest (Erbauer 10") is £129.99. After that, it would be
cheaper to pay someone to lay the flooring!

Supplementary;
Screwfix also offers 7mm laminate at about £7 per sq m or 12mm laminate at
about £15 sq m.
Do you get double the value for double the price?
Any good deals on laminate at the moment?

TIA

Dave R