Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

Default Door advice wanted please

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:44:38 UTC, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:40:49 GMT, Peter Lynch wrote:

|You say it's been some years since the locks received any TLC.
|Have you tried oiling the lock mechanism and/or hooks since this
|problem occured?

Graphite Powder is reputed to be better than oil for locks.
Never tried it myself, and still waiting for my locks to gum up with mucky
oil.

I've only ever used graphite on my locks, and I'm waiting for them to
gum up too! :-)

Reputed to set like concrete when 'assisted' by WD40 so watch out they're
never mixed.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla