Posted to misc.consumers.house
HiTech RedNeck

Default Low sudsing detergent

"Jungle Jim" wrote in message
7...
We have just purchased a new front loading washer, and would like to
ask those of you who own front loaders what brand and type (powder or
liquid) of detergent do you use ?

Aldi's regular Tandil powder, at a little less than the usage level as for
top loaders, works great. My Whirlpool's manual ominously warns that
"regular detergent will lead to unsatisfactory performance over time" (some
payola between the mfr and the high priced HE soap companies?) but I have
not noticed any ill effects on either clothing or machine in two years. Oh,
and a cup or two of household ammonia in prewash or wash greatly helps to
get out gnarly grease stains with any kind of detergent.