Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning A Deck

I've been told by numerous people not to pressure wash my deck.

As noted by Jeff, I have a "pool deck" broom that I use as well as a
hand brush
for the railings.

Instead of Sodium Hypocholorite (Purex, Cholrox), I use a good oxygen
bleach and scrub well and rinse....why the oxygen bleach....???

In past years, the "regular" bleach has damaged landscape plants. The
Oxygen bleach does not, but also does a very acceptable job.

There are lots of brands of "oxy bleach" and some of them at the
supermarket aren't that good. I use the following, basically because
it contains what is needed and nothing else.

I'm sure there are other good brands, also

http://www.greenfeet.com/oxyboost.html