Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default alternative to drywall ?

I've done a good deal of construction in my day and it almost always
comes back to drywall. It's hard to beat for the price and durability.
It's heavy, but that's it strength. There just isn't anything any
cheaper. I had the same questions when I decided to finish my shop in
the basement and that's what I used. I just did a couple coats of
mud/tape and painted. Not the pretiest, but it works. I didn't have
help moving in the sheetrock so just cut the sheets in half.

The only other thing is thin paneling, but it will cost as much or more
than sheetrock and not be near as durable.

Earl

Miko the pooch wrote:
I'd like to move the lathe from the garage to the basement but I need to
finish the walls first. I don't look forward to putting up drywall though.
For one thing it I'd need to bring it down through a fairly narrow stairway.
Are there other cheap alternatives to drywall that would work relatively
well in a basement shop?

thanks,

bruno.