Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin

Default Looking for Linear Motion Components Resale/Auction Web Sites

Thanks,

I'm on the Dovebid email list as a purchaser, but I haven't generally
seen them as a viable option for an individual seller. What I'm
looking for is something along the lines of equipmatching.com or
fabsurplus.com, but geared more toward mechanical parts.

Marty

No wrote:
Martin wrote:
If you operate (or know of) a site dedicated to resale of machine
components, please contact me at funkychateau at yahoo dot com. Don't
use the "reply" option in this posting, it's a spam-blocker.

I'm looking for some recommended alternatives to "Ebay", ie I'm seeking
a site (auction or otherwise) more or less dedicated to buying and
selling motion components and assemblies. I seem to have more of the
following components in my own excess inventory than are offered in
Ebay's "linear motion" category, and I'd totally flood the Ebay market
if I tossed half of this stuff on auction at the same time:

1. Thomson linear ball-bearing pillow blocks, sizes 12 closed, 16
open, 16 closed
2. Thomson steel rods, sizes 12 and 16, post- and bottom-mounting
3. Various mounts and supports for the above rods

4. THK series 35 linear rails and ball-bearing slides

5. Bosch/Star series 25 linear rails and ball-bearing slides

6. Complete Reid-Ashman linear-motion assemblies, length 4' to 6',
built of Thomson components on box-section steel bases, with thick 6061
carriage plates. Weight about 250 lbs.

7. Reid-Ashman linear-motion assemblies similar to above, but with
pre-installed lead screws and other motion hardware. Have both manual
(right-angle "boston gear") and power/manual ("boston gear" plus
reversible clutched overrunning gear motor) with all control
electronics. 115 VAC. Weight about 300 lbs.

8. Reid-Ashman two- and three-axis positioning tables. These are also
built of mostly Thomson components. Upper plates (mounting surfaces)
are probably about 18 to 24 inches on a side, one inch thick. Have
locking levers in each dimension. Steel bases have both rollers for
limited relocation, and threaded/adjustable/swivel support/leveling
feet. Weight probably in excess of 500 lbs (two men can lift one side
a few inches off the floor). These also have openings for forklift
tines (probably the best way to actually move one).

9. Not linear motion, but I also have a couple of heavy Reid-Ashman
reversible power-servo rotary-wheel gizmos that were removed from a
couple of the linear tables. These have roller-bearing heads
originally intended to support/rotate a heavy load cantilevered out a
couple of feet. WIth handheld corded controls and all electronics.
Scale on rotating head labeled to 1/4 degree. Adjustable limit
switches. 115 VAC.

Thanks for any leads anyone may have!

Martin

Could try www.Dovebid.com they may have a suggestion.