Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Dodge Sprinter van

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:17:31 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

They are a PIA to get parts for and they eat front brakes and bearings
like candy. The wiring harness is a JOKE. The engine is about the only
solid part in the entire vehicle. The outfit I worked for switched to
them. They seem to spend a LOT of time in the shop. two days a month has
been the fleet average for 15 vehicles. They are now switching over to
Ford F 350 service vans.

They aren't a whole lot better - My Boss bought a 99 E250 van for
me, and the overall reliability has been good.

If you don't count the two transmissions (8K miles and 90K) that
didn't totally fail (No 'Hook Time') but I had to limp in for
rebuilds, and the 'Twin I-Beam' suspension that chews up front tires
at a prodigious rate from the scrubbing action of the camber changes.

Why they don't scrap that stupid Twin I-Beam system and go to either
standard A-Arms or struts I'll never figure out.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545