Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Wooding

Default Centec Milling machines

striebs wrote:
Gary ,

I'm trying to work out whether I should get a vertical mill or a
combination vertical/horizontal . Basically I will be using this to
fabricate adaptor plates and small items for my hot rod hobby .

What is the throat radius of a 2b fitted with the vertical head ?

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,
The max. distance between horizontal spindle and table is 10.5" and the
distance between the vertical centre and column is around 5"; it is
variable because the vertical head is clamped to the column in the large
dovetail groove originally intended for the overarm and can be slid in
and out a little.

--
Regards, Gary Wooding