Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North

Default DMM repair-trade for Stuff?

I have been using 2 RS 22-178 bargraph DMMs for about 8 years. They get
a lot of use. Very good quality. As others said, test-don't just look
at- the 2 fuses. I always leave my DMMs set on DCV when I put them down.
If you sample a voltage source with the meter set to ohms, or MA, it
will blow the fuse(s) instantly.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Gunner wrote:
I picked up a RatShack "True RMS Digital Voltmeter" over the weekend
at a yard sale for a buck. It lights up, goes through all the ranges,
but doesnt read via the probes. I replaced the batterys, checked the
two fuses, checked the probes, all ok.

Anyone of you electro whiz's want to take a crack at fixing it up? Ill
trade ya some Stuff for it.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"