Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Today's solar heat

"Jake" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote

A commercial product but self-installed.

More info please. We are having a new boiler system put in and though we
can't afford a whole solar system, can't quite stretch to Jupiter ;-) this
year we are specifying a solar compatible dual coil tank with a view to
self installing the rest next year.

So as we are trying to find out about other peoples experiences a few
questions please.

What brand/type/supplier/cost please? Did you buy a complete kit or did
you self source mix and match? And did you find it easy to fit?

We're in UK.

www.solartwin.com All information is there.

It's just for domestic hot water - not house heating.

We bought the kit, including a pv panel which powers the pump and all the
silicone piping necessary.

It was easy to fit, I can send pictures. If the company had done it it would
have been quicker for a straightforward connection to an existing tank but
we didn't have one so it was more complicated. And Spouse hates having
anyone doing things in the house :-)

The company was friendly, professional and helpful from start to finish,
even when we were just thinking about it for six months. The paperwork they
provided was excellent.

It's the way to go, I think the capital costs will reduce too but I wish
we'd done it years ago when we'd have had more time to enjoy the benefits.

Mary