Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Default faulty smoke alarm

"nigmyk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have three linked mains wired smoke alarms in the house I have just
bought. They go off by mistake about once a day. Does anyone know what
the fault is and how to rectify it?
Cheers Nigmyk

You have of course ruled out smoke or steam (eg from a kitchen or bathroom)
or electrical interference? The Kidde ones I fitted 18 months ago had
surprisingly stringent requirements relating to distance from nearest
bathroom, distance from nearest light fitting etc.

If it's a fault then chances are it is just one of the three units.
Disconnect one by one and leave each for a couple of days to identify.