Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Default City fence limitations - how to overcome?

Measure 37 claim? (Its an inside joke for Oregonians.

Seriously, when did you buy the property?

When did the gfece regulation go into effect?

If you owned the property befoe the fence regulation went into effect you
technically have a Measure 37 claim.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"Zootal" nousenetspam at dead ice dot us wrote in message
I live in Lebanon, OR. The city prohibits the constructing of a fence

within
15 feet of the property line on any side of a property facing a street. I
have a large square lot on a corner, and I want to put up a fence around

my
barkyard. Not being able to go to within 15 feet of my property line means

loose a big chunk of my back yard.

Does anyone have any experience on getting a variance from the city to do
something like this, IE put a fence closer to the property line when the
city rules/laws say you can't? How would you go about doing so, what are

the
chances of success?