Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Default ACQ Pressure Treated Wood - Safe?

Give him a bone, a big one. Maybe two or three.

If he prefers treated wood to marrow bones, replace him.

"Ian - DIY Extraordinaire" wrote in message
oups.com...
I built a dog house yesterday for a new lab puppy we're getting. I
bought pressure treated wood (both plywood and 2x4's), figuring it
would be exposed to the elements.

I didn't consider that the dog could potentially chew on the wood until
today. I
was lucky in that the store had ACQ wood as opposed to CCA treated
wood, as the arsenic in CCA treated wood is definitely harmful / fatal
if ingested.

However, is my dog safe with the ACQ wood? It has no toxic chemicals,
and is safer than CCA treated wood, but I can't find anything regarding

ingesting ACQ wood, such as lab testing, or stories with bad endings
involving ACQ wood. What is everyone's opinion on using the ACQ wood
for the dog house, and is there any testing done that I could look at
to set my mind at ease?

Thanks everyone.