Adam

Default Radiators and CH system...

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message et...
-8- snip corrosion inhibitor question -8-

It is absolutely essential to install corrosion inhibitor. On a pressurised
system, there are a number of solutions to getting the stuff into the
system. It is possible to get it concentrated into a syringe that you insert
into the bleed valve on a suitable radiator.

Thanks for the advice, Christian. I'm going to be removing another
radiator fairly soon - I assume it will be OK to wait until then?

My preferred technique is to add an additive point when the system is
drained down. This consists of a T piece with a short length of pipe
sticking vertically upwards terminated by an isolation valve and another
short length of pipe. You can then stick a funnel in and pour what you like
before refilling. Just remember to turn the valve off before starting the
filling loop up! Using this method you can use standard inhibitor which is
much cheaper than proprietary injection systems.

I think I'll leave pipe work for the moment and go with other
suggestions, such as squeezing gel into a radiator, for now.

-8- snip draincock question -8-

There might not be one. Install one yourself if you get the chance.

It doesn't look like there is. Again, I'll leave this for the
moment...

Cheers - Adam...