Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracks in concrete sidewalk

Stuart Benoff wrote:
I had a new 24' sidewalk poured last May that was "cut" into 8 3ft each
blocks. I just noticed that in 2 of the cuts there are cracks the
entire width of the block.

Exactly what's supposed to happen.

Did the contractor mess up when he poured this by putting too much
stress on the blocks by not leveling it properly?

Possibly, but not from what you've indicated. They score those lines for
exactly that reason: you provide a place for the concrete to crack.

Also, what should I do about this? I'm concerned that water will get
into the cracks and cause additional damage.

Do nothing, you've got what sounds like a perfectly fine walk.

Thank you!

No problem.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.