Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default alternative to drywall ?

On 10 Apr 2006 02:56:24 GMT, l (Miko the pooch) wrote:

I'd like to move the lathe from the garage to the basement but I need to
finish the walls first. I don't look forward to putting up drywall though.
For one thing it I'd need to bring it down through a fairly narrow stairway.
Are there other cheap alternatives to drywall that would work relatively
well in a basement shop?

thanks,

bruno.

Well, my way is not fireproof like drywall but works for me...

I covered the inside wall of my garage with 1 1/2" thick styrofoam insulating
panels that have a vapor barrier on each side... they're quick, light ( a 4' x
4' weighs about 3 or 4 pounds) and cheap... about $15 each... the 3/4" that my
neighbor used are less than $10 a sheet..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis