Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Marrs

Default Bubble Flare

"Gary A. Gorgen" wrote in message
. ..
Bubble Fla

I think this is what I want, but I'm not sure.
I need to put some kind of flare/bulge, on the end of
.375 x .035 6061-T6 tube. So I can attach a 3/8" vinyl
tube, using ear-clamps or crimp ferules ( if I can get
a crimping tool into the space ). This will be used
at 50-psi Max.

All of the bubble-flare tools I've found are metric.
I've found kits that will do single/double flare,
GM fuel line, & ISO bubble.

From looking at the tiny pictures I've seen, a bubble
flare, looks like a double flare without the final plunge.

What I want may not be called bubble-flare, which is why I
can't find it. I've seen this type of flare on air-conditioning
lines & oil coolers.

I'm also thinking I may need to anneal the tube to prevent
cracking.

Thanks in advance, for any words of wisdom.

Had a tool to do that in the aircraft maintenance shop, but it's been a few
years and I don't remember what it's called! Kind of like a tubing cutter
in reverse. Outside set of rollers with a
center groove, little roller that went inside the tube and pushed out the
bead.

"Tubing beader"??

Any A&P mechanics here that know the proper name?

Bill