Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default MDF window sills

In article . com,
George Tingsley wrote:
Google shows 75,000 hits for window cill and 4.970,000 for window sill
which shows most people understand no matter how its spelt unless you
are Alan Argument

It's not clear who you are responding to as you aren't using the quoting
capabilities of Usenet. If it's me then you should have noticed that I was
responding to:
"Just for everybodies (sic) reference, it's cill. LOL"

As 'cill' is either a misspelling of 'sill', a long established alternative
spelling (but without evidence, or a word for something different.

I see an alternative possibility:

Houseowner: ...and the new window will want a sill of course.
Builder's contract: including a cill
Houseowner: But where is the stout beam that you agreed to provide? What is
holding the window up?
Builder: We promised no beam.
Houseowner: What about the sill?
Builder: A cill is a tatty piece of wood that we stick on the outside of the
window frame. Don't know why we bother. There's no beam there.
Houseowner: So what's holding the window up?
Builder: God knows. Just don't clean the window too vigorously.