Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Oneway jaws

wrote:
Hi Robert, from this Leo, :))
I can feel a storm brewing G and no I won't duck, people use the
other chucks all the time and there are times and places where a smooth
jaw chuck use is preferably, as are other kinds of chucking and holding
devises, a perfect for all and every use holding devise we do not have,
and who wants to admit that they should have thought more about what
they where going to buy, or that spending a little more for a better
thought out and flexible use product would have been the wiser choice.

It's just my way of thinking Robert

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Well Leo, your way of thinking is certainly good enough for me. I have
been to the website, seen your work, and read you well thought out and
intelligent posts here for far too long to doubt what you are saying
about Oneway chucks, (or Oneway anything for that matter!) especially
since I don't own any Oneway tools.

I especially agree that we don't have any one device to hold everything
we can imagine. I still use faceplates, even thought I have two
Vicmarc 120s with 3 different jaw sets. One chuck is configured one
way (no pun intended) and one is configured another way depending on
what I am doing.

No need to duck... I am certainly glad to hear your opinion.

Even though I wouldn't trade my Vics for any Oneway.... ;^)

Robert